Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
by: Cabela's Pro Staff, Angel Middleton
Super Bowl 51 is right around the corner and if you are like most football fanatics you'll be either attending or hosting a football gala. If you fall in the hosting category, like myself, you will enjoy this super easy, Super Bowl concoction. It's a cocktail appetizer... the meal in a drink sort of speak. I like to make things easy as possible for our gatherings so everyone can just help themselves, relax and enjoy the game, including myself. In honor of Super Bowl Sunday I've patented this concoction (wink, wink) "The Touchdown Mary". It's a bloody Mary with a smokey twist.
I start by smoking my tomatoes in our Bradley Smoker. I also throw in a few other appetizers/garnishes, for my cocktail appetizer, while my tomatoes are smoking. This is where you get creative. I've included photos of my "Touchdown Mary" to get the creative juices flowing. It's super easy to add the smoked tomatoes to your bloody Mary mix and spices. All you have to do is lay out a bloody Mary bar full of your favorite add-ons for your "Touchdown Mary" cocktail, sit back, kick back and enjoy the game. The "Touchdown Mary" gives the ordinary bloody Mary and awesome, smokey flavor that takes it to a whole different level.
- Smoke 10 tomatoes at 260 degrees for 1 and a half hour.
- Once tomatoes are splitting it's time to throw into a blender.
- Add your favorite spices and even your favorite bloody Mary mix. I use Cajun spices, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, soy sauce, Frank's hot sauce and a little Zing Zang bloody Mary mix.
- Blend till tomatoes are liquefied. Refrigerate till ready to serve
- Before serving poor over your favorite Vodka, (I'm from Texas and prefer home grown Tito's), Add your favorite garnishes. It's super bowl - super easy. Enjoy!